Re: Hello?

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:47:16 -0800
 To:  "Jenny Toller" <jenny.toller(at)ntlworld.com>,
<aware-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:23 PM +0000 1/23/02, Jenny Toller wrote:
>  > p.s. I heard Kynn Bartlett left the HWG a couple of months ago. I
>couldnt
>>  believe it- he has been such a big part of the organization and would
>be
>>  sorely missed.
>What?!?!?!
>This does *not* augur well....

Yeah, no worries folks.  In fact, the IWA/HWG merger was my idea,
so if you trust me then this shouldn't be worrysome.  (If you don't
trust me, you may be glad I'm not directly running the show!)

The HWG/IWA merger came about because the Guild was going through
severe financial problems with no plausible way to salvage the
organization before it imploded.  I got handed the reins when the
HWG had about a month to live.  I made some cutbacks, and bought
us some time, and then brokered a deal with Rich Brinegar of IWA
to merge the two organizations, which in practice means that IWA
took over the operation of the HWG.  (Why we got into this mess is
something I can't discuss in public, really.)

Once merger happened, there wasn't a need for me to be involved
directly anymore -- it's in the capable hands of Richard and the
others at the IWA office -- but I still teach my online classes
through the HWG, and I am nominally the director of the AWARE
Center.  The AWARE Center has been somewhat "hibernating" lately
because of my own career changes and general lack of time.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>                 http://kynn.com
Forthcoming: Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours